Services Environmental Health Energy Efficiency Audits for Local Businesses
City of Greater Geraldton Pilot Energy Efficiency Audits for Local Businesses
The City of Greater Geraldton is offering an Energy Efficiency Audit to a limited number of small businesses in Geraldton to assist them in reducing their energy use, save money and cut carbon emissions. An energy consultant will conduct a walkthrough audit at your premises, review your tariff and help you to reduce your electricity use.
The Energy Audits will be conducted during the week of 9-18 May 2012.
The potential benefits for participating businesses are:
- Smaller electricity bills
- Lower carbon emissions
- Community recognition for being environmentally friendly
What are the costs and requirements associated with my business participating?
Requirements for participating businesses will include:
- Co-contribution – the total cost of each Sustainability Audit is $1650 (incl. GST), of which $1350 will be paid for by the City and $300 by each participating business.
- Business owner/manager must be made available to assist the auditor on the day of visit.
- Provide electricity bills for the past 12 months (hard copies of front and back pages or temporary access to Synergy My Account).
- Provide electricity bills for the 6 month program period (May to November) for post-project reporting purposes.
- Businesses who participate need to provide evidence that they will commit to implementing within reason to the recommended changes.
- Businesses must be prepared for the City to use feedback on progress made and promote them as a case study.
What will my business receive for participating?
A Business Sustainability Audit, which includes:
- An analysis of the past one year of utility consumption data patterns (based on previous billing accounts).
- An on-site visit by an energy consultant and a member of the City of Greater Geraldton Sustainability team.
- A report detailing your business’s baseline consumption of electricity, and recommended sustainability actions tailored to the individual business.
When the recommended actions have been implemented, businesses that have participated in the program can save up to 20% on utility costs compared to their baseline.
How do I register my interest for my business to participate?
The EOI is a competitive process so relevant information that best supports your case should be provided where indicated on the form. Please complete the attached form and return it to the City of Greater Geraldton Sustainability Team no later than C.O.B. Wednesday 25 April 2012 using one of the following methods:
In person: Customer Service Counter at the City of Greater Geraldton Civic Centre, Cathedral Ave, Geraldton.
If you have any questions regarding the above or the attached form, please contact the Sustainability Team at the City on 9956 6600 or email@example.com