Residents Sports and Recreation KidSport
The State Government has committed $20 million towards the Sport4All initiative. Sport4All will run over four years and aims to increase participation in community sport and recreation throughout Western Australia. Part of Sport4All is the KidSport grant program.
KidSport is to be implemented by the City of Greater Geraldton in partnership with the Department of Sport and Recreation that will make it possible for junior sporting participants within the City to engage in sport and recreation, no matter their financial circumstances.
KidSport will allow eligible youth aged 5-18 years to apply for financial assistance that will contribute up to $200 to go towards club fees. The fees will go directly to the registered KidSport clubs participating in the project which will enable the clubs to provide all the fantastic benefits kids enjoy from being involved in a sporting or recreational club.
Individual Eligibility Criteria:
- Applicants must be aged between 5 and 18 years
- Applicants must have a Health Care Card or a Pension Concession Card (not “Aged”)
- Applicant’s primary place of residence must be in the local government area they are applying to (exceptions may apply).
- It is preferred that applicants register with a club that is in their local government area exceptions may apply).
- Must be not for profit and incorporated
- Fully insured and
- Must have registered with the City
- Funding will cover the cost of fees to join the nominated sport or recreation club (this may include other related costs as identified by the club).
- Maximum of up to $200 per child per calendar year.
- Fees are only for the nominated registered season.
- No retrospective fees will be paid (exceptions may apply).
- No limitation to applications per family as long as the criteria is met.
For further information and Club Registration Forms contact the Sport and Recreation Club Development Officer on 9965 6775 or email email@example.com.