Residents Sports and Recreation
Sport & Recreation Club Development
The City of Greater Geraldton and the Department of Sport and Recreation through the State Wide Club Development Scheme, is committed to developing sport and recreation clubs in the City of Greater Geraldton and around the Mid West.
The City of Greater Geraldton understands the importance of supporting sport and recreation clubs and their volunteers and as a result, has employed a Sport and Recreation Club Development Officer, a human resource available to assist your club.
This Club Development webpage is designed to address the broader club management issues and to assist sporting clubs to achieve sustainability and to ensure that your club is given every opportunity to run effectively and efficiently.
To achieve these outcomes, the City of Greater Geraldton and the Department of Sport & Recreation will provide a variety of resources, including workshops and seminars to ensure your club has the best possible chance to remain sustainable in tomorrow’s economic climate.
Why sport and recreation clubs are important to you, your family and your community
- Active kids learn better.
- Kids who participate in sport and recreation are physically and mentally healthier.
- Clubs bring people and communities together.
- It’s fun!
- Clubs are a great place to meet lifelong friends.
- Some of the best conversations you will ever have with your kids will be in the car to and from training, to and from the game.
- Learn positive values.
- Kids who join clubs feel part of the community and develop a sense of pride in that community.
If your children are joining a club, why not join as well and volunteer?
- You will be doing something to help your kids.
- It will bring the family closer.
- You will learn new skills.
- It’s fun!
- Some of your club mates will become your best mates.
View Clubs Online website for sporting clubs.
Information available on this site include the:
- 'Find A Club' database
- 'Grants and Funding' opportunities
- 'Club Development Officer' information - including resources, blogs and training opportunities
- Information on the 'KidSport program'
- Access to 'Free club websites'!
And much, much more information that is relevant to sporting clubs and their members!
Club Development Newsletter
View the latest edition of the Sports ALIVE! Club Development Newsletter for useful resources, advice and opportunities for sporting groups within the City of Greater Geraldton. Please feel free to distribute to your clubs and members.
If you have any events, stories or people you would like to promote or recognise in future issues of the newsletter or would like copies of past newsletters, please contact the City’s Sport and Recreation Club Development Officer on 9965 6775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.